Set out on a day trip of discovery and wonder in AlUla, which is a live display of mother nature's art. The city is an ancient oasis in a desert valley preserved by time, where guests can enjoy gorgeous natural scenery, admire stunning displays of human creativity, and indulge in authentic Arabian hospitality. Make your way from the gathering point to the Adventure centre and start this epic journey with a safari in Sharaan Nature Reserve, a vast expanse of desert wilderness teeming with wildlife and unique flora. As your vehicle roams through the rugged terrain, keep your eyes peeled for Arabian wolves, oryx, gazelles, and other creatures that call this sanctuary home. Make a stop to have a delicious lunch at the Pink Camel Pastry Boutique, before gearing up for a scenic bicycle ride around Hegra starting from Al Atheeb village. Pedal past towering tombs, majestic temples, and other awe-inspiring structures carved into the sandstone cliffs. Head to the final stop of this tour, Harrat Uwayrid, a mesmerising destination, which is home to dramatic rock formations and towering sand dunes, before getting dropped off at the meeting point.
- Day 1- 08:00: Pick-up from the meeting point Get picked up from your meeting point in AlUla and get ready to start an exciting adventure in this ancient oasis that is brimming with culture, history and lots of fun activities.- 08:50: Gather at Adventure Centre Arrive at the Adventure Centre and hop into a vintage vehicle to enjoy an amazing safari experience in the Sharaan Nature Reserve.- 09:00: Safari in Sharaan Nature Reserve Head to the Sharaan Nature Reserve for a fantastic safari adventure. The Sharaan Nature Reserve is a vast desert landscape that is home to a variety of incredible flora and wildlife, including Arabian oryx, gazelles, and wolves. On your safari, you'll have the opportunity to see these animals up close and learn about their habitat.- 12:00: Lunch at Pink Camel Pastry Boutique Make a pit stop to enjoy some lunch at the Pink Camel Pastry Boutique, a quaint cafe which features a wide range of savoury and sweet dishes. Eat well to power up for the next activity, where you can burn some calories during this wonderful tour.- 15:00: Ride bikes around Hegra Enjoy a scenic bicycle ride from the village of Al Atheeb to Hegra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The 26-kilometre ride is easy and suitable for people of all fitness levels and will give guests a chance to explore Hegra, an ancient Nabataean city that is home to a variety of tombs and temples. On your bicycle ride, you'll be able to explore the city at your own pace and enjoy the stunning scenery.- 17:00: Harrat Uwayrid visit End the tour with a visit to Harrat Uwayrid, a volcanic field that is known for its dramatic lava formations. It is one of several basaltic volcanic fields found in the Arabian Peninsula. From here, you can enjoy breathtaking views of Dadan, the ancient town of AlUla Oasis.- 18:30: Drop-off at the meeting point Your fantastic adventure in AlUla has now come to an end; you will be dropped back at the meeting point.
- Tour coordinator
- Pick-up from & drop-off at the meeting point
- Sharaan Nature Reserve safari
- Bicycle rental
- Taxes & surcharges
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Tour guide
- Snacks or meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
Meeting point Alula
- Guests must wear comfortable footwear and dress modestly.
Bookings are refundable up to 48 hours prior to the trip, after which they are strictly non-refundable. Tours are subject to favourable weather conditions. In case tours are halted or cancelled as a result of bad weather, a refund will be processed within 14 days to the bank account linked to the card used for the transaction.