Explore Jazan's splendid scenic beauty as you drive to the mesmerising Wadi Lajab, which is famous for its coffee and mangoes. The crater-like valley is nestled between two rocky mountains. It is hailed as a true wonder of nature, with gushing freshwater streams and stunning flora. Before diving into the coffee production process, take a step back to enjoy a relaxing hike around the area and replenish your spirit in your stunning natural surroundings. Marvel at the unique geographical formations as you stroll back to the farm to enjoy a delectable cup of coffee with traditional snacks. Learn the secrets of the perfect Saudi Arabian brew and learn about all the different varieties of coffee and how they are planted. You will be accompanied by the farm owner, who will walk you through all the steps involved in the process of coffee production. Watch your hosts show you the traditional tools and techniques of roasting the beans that will give you insight as to what makes Saudi coffee stand out. Besides observing, you can also assist and put what you've learned into practice and take this knowledge back home with you. Round off this experience with a live cooking show where you will watch how Haneeth is made, a tender, well-seasoned meat dish bursting with authentic flavours and aromas. It is the perfect introduction to Southern Arabian cuisine.
- Day 1- 09:00: Pick-up Get picked up from the meeting point and head out to explore Wadi Lajab to get some insight into the world of coffee!- 11:00: Trip to Wadi Lajab Arrive at Wadi Lajab and be mesmerised by the enchanting beauty of this majestic valley. Spend some time in the lap of nature and rejuvenate your spirit as you bask in the remarkably lush vegetation of the surrounding mountains that look as if they are covered in a green carpet. Enjoy an exhilarating hike around the area and marvel at the unique geographical formations before enjoying top-notch hospitality with Saudi coffee and dates.- 13:00: Coffee farm tour & lunch Set out on a farm tour to learn how coffee is planted and all its different varieties. Walk through the production process to understand what sets Saudi Arabian coffee apart. Relish a delicious cup of coffee and snacks and a live cooking show where you will see how a traditional Jazani dish, Haneeth, is made, a tender meat dish that is a perfect introduction to authentic Southern Arabian cuisine.- 17:00: End of tour Gather your things and it's time to say goodbye! Take plenty of photos before getting dropped off at the meeting point.
- English & Arabic-speaking tour guide.
- Pick-up from & drop-off at the gathering point
- Entry tickets to the coffee farm
- Snacks & lunch
- Taxes & surcharges
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Personal expenses
Meeting point Jazan
- Guests must wear comfortable footwear and dress modestly.
Bookings are refundable up to 48 hours prior to the trip, after which they are strictly non-refundable. Tours are subject to favourable weather conditions. In case tours are halted or cancelled as a result of bad weather, a refund will be processed within 14 days to the bank account linked to the card used for the transaction.