Explore Historic Jeddah, also known as Al Balad, one of Saudi Arabia's six UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Head over to a designated area in Al Balad to get a makeup artist to doll you up and try on traditional Hijazi dresses to get the complete local experience. Men can try on the thobe and the agal, while women can enjoy the regal elegance of the Hijazi outfit and veil. Immerse yourself in the culture and heritage to get a taste of the Saudi way of life with this tour. Pay a visit to some iconic old houses in the district, such as the popular Beit Saloum, Baashen House and Matbouli House and marvel at the unique architecture where you can take pictures of yourself in your stunning dresses with your phone. Pass by Nasseef House and take more photos to capture these special moments before making your way to the market on Gabel Street to check out exotic local products and shop for souvenirs. You have free time to stop by food trucks and enjoy a delicious lunch at your own expense before calling it a day.
- Day 1- 08:00: Pick-up Gather at the meeting point from where you will be picked up to discover the charm of Historic Jeddah.- 09:00: Walk around Al Balad Take a leisurely stroll as you enjoy a visit to the popular Beit Saloum museum, Baashen House, and Matbouli House, where you can admire the unique traditional interior before passing by Nasseef House.- 10:00: Get dressed Head over to our partner's office in Al Balad to have a makeup artist spruce you up with some traditional makeup and try on Saudi wear such as Abaya or Thobe, with a Hijazi touch that is unique to the region and take plenty of pictures in front of the iconic houses. You can purchase the clothes for an extra charge and take them back with you after the tour.- 11:30: Matbouli House visit Head to Matbouli House, a traditional building that was eventually turned into a museum and captures the design and spirit of old Arabia.- 12:30: Gabel Street tour Pass by Nasseef House, before arriving at the gold market on Gabel Street and check out interesting jewellery and other local products such as oud, perfumes, spices and other exotic curios. Explore some of the food trucks and enjoy local dishes and fast food at your own expense before calling it a day.- 14:00: End of tour The tour has now come to an end, enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. You will be dropped off at the meeting point.
- English & Arabic-speaking tour guide
- Pick-up from & drop-off at the gathering point
- Entry ticket for Beit Saloum, Baashen House and Matbouli House
- Traditional wear
- Taxes & surcharges
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Personal expenses
Meeting point Jeddah
- Guests must wear comfortable footwear and dress modestly.
Bookings are refundable up to 48 hours prior to the trip, after which they are strictly non-refundable. Tours are subject to favourable weather conditions. In case tours are halted or cancelled as a result of bad weather, a refund will be processed within 14 days to the bank account linked to the card used for the transaction.