Discover Another Side of Culture
Riyadh – Abha Package Welcome to Riyadh, the birthplace of modern Saudi Arabia, where old-world charm meets 21st-century vision. Riyadh translates to “the Gardens,” a reference to the area’s past that dates back to the 14th century when the land was revered for its fertile soil, many canals, and trees. Today it is home to the country’s capital: a modern metropolis with a thriving financial and business center and a growing cultural scene. It’s a city rich in history, boasting myriad forts, palaces and museums, and some of the country’s most colourful souks. As you discover a new side of yourself in Arabia, you’ll discover the many facets of Saudi’s capital. Located in the untouched south-west of Saudi Arabia, Abha in the Aseer region is lush, green and surrounded by scenic mountains, while a short distance away is the urban hub of Khamis Mushait. This getaway city is perfect for adventure seekers, like Saudi Tourism Authority ambassador Lionel Messi who is supporting discovery of unique places across the Kingdom. And, you won’t find many places that are cooler, in every sense of the word. Generally, the mountainous location is around 10 degrees colder than other parts of the Kingdom. Cable cars traverse the city, so even the modes of transport are a breath-taking voyage, while at night neon green lights illuminate the mesmerizing Green Mountain (Jabal Thera). For sky-high excitement, the Al-Dabab Walkway to the south of the city offers a panoramic view of the whole area.
- Day 1- 12:00 PM: • Meet & greet at Riyadh Airport & transfer from airport to hotel • Check-in at hotel in Riyadh city • Free day to leisure • Top tip – once you’ve settled in, to get your bearings of Riyadh head to the Sky Bridge on the 99th floor of the Kingdom Center. With floor-to-ceiling windows perched 300m in the air, it is a great aerial vantage point to see all of Riyadh.
- Day 2- 06:00 AM: • Traveling from Riyadh to Abha by domestic flight • Check-in at hotel in Abha city- 08:00 AM: • Head to Rijal Almaa Village. The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) named this place as one of the best tourism villages in the world, and it’s not difficult to see why given the stunning location and incredible architecture.- 09:00 AM: • Tour of the Honey Cottage. Surrounded by steep mountainsides and lush vegetation, this refinery provides an opportunity to try some of the local varieties of honey, a key product of the region.- 10:00 AM: • Tour in Rijal Almaa Village. Stroll among the mountainside basalt homes, which are a highlight of the Aseer region and look like gingerbread houses because of the white quartz found on the outer walls. Home to the Qahtani tribespeople, famous for decorating their headwear with beautiful flowers, this experience in Rijal Almaa is unlike anywhere else in the world.- 02:00 PM: • Stop for lunch and take in the stunning vistas.- 04:00 PM: • Head back to hotel.
- Day 3- 07:00 AM: • Breakfast at the hotel.- 08:30 AM: • Head to Jabal Sawda and start trail. Located near to the village of Al Soudah, Jabal Sawda, which means Black Mountain, is Saudi Arabia’s highest peak at over 3,000 metres. It is part of the Sarawat Mountain Range and given its height, it is often shrouded in low-lying cloud and fog, giving it an ethereal beauty. Visitors can expect to see a range of flora and fauna, including its signature juniper trees. There are a range of trails for beginners through to more advanced hikers, all offering picture-perfect views that are great for sharing with friends on Instagram.- 04:00 PM: • Enjoy lunch before departing back to the hotel.- 07:00 PM: • Visit Art Street. Located in the Al Muftaha Village, there are multiple galleries, museums and coffee shops displaying artworks. The central mosque features intricate calligraphy and in the Spring the flowering jacaranda trees that line the street provide a romantic setting. A row of multi-coloured umbrellas are suspended above the street, making it a photogenic destination all-year-round.- 08:00 PM: • Dinner and return to hotel.
- Day 4- 07:00 PM: • Travelling from Abha to Riyadh by domestic flight • Check-in at hotel in Riyadh city- 10:00 AM: • Return to Riyadh with a tour and exploration of the trading hub, Souk Al Zel. This historic spot has been around for more than 120 years and is a hive of activity where you can haggle and barter your way to a great deal on anything from handcrafted antiques to expertly woven carpets. Much like the rugs, the past and the present are interwoven into the fabric of this area.- 11:00 AM: • Visit the Masmak Palace. A short distance away is the significant citadel and fortress of Al Masmak, made from traditional mud-clay. It was erected in 1865 during the Second Saudi State and is an important part of the heritage of modern-day Riyadh and Saudi Arabia. On January 15, 1902, Abdulaziz Al Saud attempted a daring mission to capture the fortress, which was the main garrison and ammunition store for the city. With only a small, but highly determined group of men, Abdulaziz overpowered the occupants through the element of surprise and with it, claimed the city of Riyadh. From there, he strategized how he would unite what we now call the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which he managed to achieve 30 years later. You can still see remnants of the battle to this day – make sure to look closely at the fortress gate, where you can see the tip of a spear wedged into the woodwork. The building now stands as a museum full of relics, photography and art.- 12:00 PM: • Continuing the journey through time, Saudi National Museum has more than 3,700 antiquities on display, documenting the grand history of Arabia over millennia. The museum is the largest in the Kingdom and features a rotation of fascinating exhibitions across its eight halls. Whether you’re more drawn towards the prehistoric beginnings of the Arabian Peninsula told through rock carvings, pre-Islamic archaeology and traditional trade routes, to the birth of Islam and the incomparable life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), there is so much to see that you’ll plan a return visit.- 01:00 PM: • After a busy morning, sit back and relax as the tour treats you to an authentic and traditional Saudi meal.- 02:00 PM: • Beauty, history and heritage are on the afternoon agenda, with a trip to Diriyah, the land of kings and heroes and the Arab Capital of Culture 2030. This was the founding place of the First Saudi State, and declared as its capital in the 18th century. It features some of the most extraordinary traditional Najd architecture, which has been recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. During the tour, visitors will see the stunning Salwa Palace in the Al-Turaif District which used to be the royal residence and now houses museums that preserve the rich heritage and traditions of the area. Other key highlights in the area include the Turaif Bath House, Saad bin Saud Palace, the beautiful Wadi Hanifah and, the real-life neighbourhood of Al Bujairi, with a range of shops to stop and buy a souvenir.- 04:00 PM: • Return to the meeting point and end of the tour.
- Day 5- 09:00 AM: • Breakfast at the hotel.- 12:00 PM: • Transfer from the hotel to Riyadh Airport.
- Accommodation with breakfast.
- Riyadh – Abha – Riyadh domestic flight ticket.
- Transfer from airport in Riyadh to hotel at arrival time.
- Transfer from hotel to Riyadh airport at departure time
- Jabal Sawda tour.
- Regal Almaa village tour.
- Riyadh historical tour.
- The deadline to book your package is 72h before arrival. the confirmation voucher will be shared within 48h before check-in date. Please note that the airlines do not accept changing the name after issuing the booking,so the customer is responsible for the correct data. Hotel check-in time is after 02:00 PM, check-out time: before 12:00 noon, according to hotel policy.If the package includes domestic flight the timing will be upon the availability.In case of lack of availability of selected hotel, hotels will be changed to alternative ones with the same category and classification in out-of-control cases (according to the policy shown for hotels in the package).
- International flight.
Meeting point Airport Road, Riyadh
50% Cancellation charge if cancelled before 5 days before check in date. 100% cancellation charge if cancelled after 5 days before check in date.